Monday 23 March 2015

COP2 - Researching into Perspective



Throughout the storyboard process I found it difficult with the perspective of the frames, particularly the first few and middle frames of the narrative. To be able to improve my skills I researched into perspective using Pinterest to store tutorials and guides on perspective. I found that using Pinterest as a visual moodboard made it easier to be able to organise and find my research to help me with drawing perspective in each frame. Pinterest also allowed me to be able to find similar tutorials that I had found from other sites in order to inform my practice. I also found layout and rules of third sheets helped me to plan the majority of my storyboard especially with scenes in which the main focal point was situated within the edge of the frame rather than the middle.

I referred to The Storyboard Design Course by Giuseppe Cristiano for inspiration and planning for the storyboard. This book was extremely helpful with tips on both the variations of storyboards and how much information needs to be relayed to the audience. Along with tips on perspective of frames and how low/high angles can change a scene, there were distinct examples of how clean and well presented the storyboards needed to be. Interestingly the majority of storyboards are presented with clean black lines and grayscale shading, this is to clearly represent the source of light, the mood of the scene and to be able to see what is happening within the scene. 

No comments:

Post a Comment