Tuesday 24 March 2015

COP2 - Final Designs

For the final designs I ensured that the Cafe and Passerby perspectives were coherent and followed the main narrative. I wanted the viewer to see parts of the narrative that would carry on from the main perspective, allowing the viewer to perceive information from varying depictions that connect to the environment that the main plot is situated within. Designing the Cafe and Passerby perspectives using Photoshop, helped me to roughly plan the main action within each frame and add grayscale shading to the background to show the depth of the scene. I found that using this process helped me to consider the movement of the pan or zoom into the shot, alongside portraying the movement of the action with easily visible arrows. I purposely wanted the main perspective to be designed using graphite and shading to bring a more intense and engaging atmosphere to the storyboard. I found the varying perspectives and angles to be a challenge to create through how I found it difficult to keep the characters and environment within the same proportions. Through his process I was able to learn and improve my skill set towards perspectives and layout of storyboards with both digital and traditional mediums.

Main perspective

Cafe perspective

Passerby's perspective 

No comments:

Post a Comment