Monday 23 March 2015

COP2 - Building the idea






I developed the mind map idea further by noting down simple points for narrative onto post it notes, such as watching tv or making breakfast etc. I then underlined parts of the notes to what I thought could work well, in which I narrowed down the choice to walking through a crowd, as I felt that I would be able to create an interesting narrative and chain of events. Through the use of the crowd narrative I would be able to make use of different perspectives from a range of characters walking past or even looking from a shop/cafe window. From this I created three perspectives in which could be changed or merged into 2 perspectives depending on how long the narrative would become. I wanted the first perspective to be the original view of events, with the second having a different view on the main action that has happened and the third viewing this from outside the situation and possibly altered slightly to change the original depiction, referring to Satoshi Kon's and Miyazaki's works.

I thought about the order in which these events could be seen, with the second perspective stated previously being shown last to make the audience question what actually happened, however I still need to work on this order of perspective as the main narrative has to be clear to the viewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment