Monday 23 March 2015

COP2 - Initial sketches




Before I began creating thumbnails for the main storyboard perspective, I first created some warm up sketches to get into the drawing frame of mind. I tried to visualise what some of the characters could like, drawing mainly heads and a few poses. I did like the top three heads which could work for the passerby and the sat down pose which would work well for the perspective from a cafe or shop window. I believe that using a cafe window from this perspective would make the narrative simpler through how both the background and the amount of characters that could be within the shop would make the image complicated and most likely miss the main point being depicted within the shot. Using a cafe would make the perspective seem more secluded which is one of the points that I want to get across, I wanted this perspective to be one that views the action from afar, and has no real immediate connection to the other two narratives. The top three heads that I have drawn would work well for the passerby through the simplicity of the design and how I would be able to develop this further by adding detail to the face through the shape of his jaw and cheek bones to make the character hold more personality. 

No comments:

Post a Comment