Tuesday 24 March 2015

COP2 - Passerby's and Cafe's Perspective

For the Passerby's and Cafe perspective I first sketched out the main movement of the action before adding a more developed and coherent structure to the sketches. For the cafe perspective I needed to be able to show that the main character from the original perspective, run past the window. In order to create this sense of depth I needed to show the character in a smaller scale compared to the characters depicted and use a grayscale shade to further enhance the sense of depth. I wanted to show this action from different angles and perspectives to make the action seem disjointed to the viewer as new information is relayed to them. As he dialogue from the two characters shown in the storyboard, is not particularly important to the narrative, I felt that the use of a low murmur from the cafe would be successful in creating an ambience that would create curiosity, matched with the viewer only being allowed to see what the limited vision from the window can give them.

For the Passerby's perspective I wanted to show a link to the main narrative in a closer environment, using the crowd as a basis to be able to create this perception. As I wanted to create this close encounter with the original depiction, I wanted to weave a close up of the two characters passing each other before it continues in the main narrative. I treated the Passerby's perspective to be the overall beginning of the narrative, introducing the audience into the environment before the main action. I represented the crowd through the use of shaded figures which I felt aided the narrative well through how it absorbed an atmosphere of bewilderment and almost alienation through how the audience cannot see detail of the figures, they cannot see their faces making it something unknown and hard to relate to.

After scanning in the thumbnail sketches, I edited the designs within photoshop to ensure that the frames were legible and easy to follow. Using photoshop allowed me to easily show the main shot and movement of the camera using a different colour to show the framing and the direction of the camera. The contrast against the white and the grayscale portrayed the sense of depth well in which represents the window of the cafe. 


Thumbnail sketches - Cafe
Thumbnail sketches - Passerby

Example of Photoshop design

No comments:

Post a Comment