Friday 16 October 2015

COP3 Presentation and Feedback

The feedback from my summer investigation towards the COP3 theme, was extremely informative. I managed to get my structure and research back to what I primarily wanted to investigate into, storyboards. As I researched during the summer, it became more apparent to me that I would have to include information about film to work with the film theory, meaning I would have to write less about storyboard composition. However after gaining feedback from my peers, I found that I could make the audience whom would be reading my dissertation to be film critics that would already know the meaning of the theories that I would be writing and finding evidence for. From this I began thinking of adding the pioneers of storyboards, Disney, into the chapters which will work more smoothly than a transition from film.

Feedback Additions

+ Research into Jodorowsky's Dune, a storyboard that was drawn in such detail that it could be translated straight to film - storyboard was never made into a film
+ Layout Artists - Their job is all about the composition with in animation
+ Camera Obscure - Framing the composition
+ Add interdisciplinary examples into this essay all about composition - paintings, photography
+ Talk about storyboards as a sequential art
+ Using the angles from your storyboards - or even to inform your storyboards, take pictures of the angles. Show them in situation
+ Possibly use Maya to make the previs? Development.

Action Plan

+ Create a new Structure
+ Narrow down theories
+ Find and research into other interdisciplinary works
+ More reading!
+ Start contacting primary sources...

Example of Powerpoint - showing examples of cinematography

Example of Powerpoint - showing examples of modern storyboards to analyse

No comments:

Post a Comment