Friday 30 October 2015

COP3 Practical - considering a story

My initial thoughts on a practical was to make a set of storyboards, each one containing a different theme that would hold different media and perspectives. To link these storyboards together I wanted to use the same story for each of the boards; creating a different atmosphere for the story through the genres, a different perception. I wanted to ensure that I used an original idea, I didn't want to use an existing one as it wouldn't be as beneficial to my work. The main themes I wanted to work with were, Film Noir, Romance and Action. These three themes contrast well against each other with the use of cinematography and style of media, the Film Noir being soaked in black ink, Romance holding soft and pastel tones, and Action full of canted shots and exaggerated perspectives.

Through the original stories that I considered, I felt that the 'Job Interview' idea would be the most suitable through how it could work with each of the themes. It would work with the Film Noir appeal through the use of the office like room, dramatic lighting and use of two characters, could be hiring to get rid of a target etc - work with Romance with the use of the soft light, the use of two characters, love at first sight etc - work with Action through the use of the office room, the use of two characters, could realise that the boss is his arch nemesis and jumps out window to escape etc. Each theme would start with the premise, have the same characters and same dialogue however the only change would be the ending in which each would follow the theme.





No comments:

Post a Comment