Monday 24 February 2014

Research for animation

For more inspiration I looked into other animations, I mainly looked into animations that involved a zoom in or out effect, to gain inspiration for my ideas for the final animation.

In this animation, I was inspired through the constant zoom in, that transitioned smoothly into the next scene, the figures were stationary but worked well with the camera panning. I used this as influence through the use of creating a bigger sized file compared to the frame size of the animation, so that there would not be a loss of information, making the image look pixelated as it zooms into the background.


Hook Up Animation / Zoom / Tv promo / Cartoon Network UK from Hook Up Animation on Vimeo.

This animation uses the same style as the previous zoom in however the camera spins to different directions and continues to zoom out as it reveals the title of the tv channel. There is more movement within this animation as the characters move as it zooms out compared to the previous animation which had stationary characters. I like this animation as it contains simple lineart and few colours which make it more engaging, if there were more colours I believe that the main point of the animation would have been lost and the aesthetics would have not been as pleasing. 


Spoon TV Ident 1 - Hemi Ormsby from Hemi Ormsby on Vimeo.

I stumbled across this animation in which another student has made for their project, on the history of Graphic Design. I liked how simple the animation was with the use of matte colours and shapes which moved with the animation, however I think that the animation needs to be slowed down as it runs too fast to be able to read the text. 


No comments:

Post a Comment