Wednesday 18 November 2015

COP3 Story 101 mini workshop

Through this workshop I was refreshed with the structure of a story and archetypes that go along with them. We first went through the main classical story structures such as the Aristotelian Dramatic Arc and the Freytay Pyramid. I learnt alot about the 3 act structure, when I was researching myself I came across the The Neurotic's Road Trip, it didn't really click for me about dividing the structure up into three main parts. I already knew quite abit on the Hero's journey however I hadn't come across the Hero's inner journey or Carl Jung's Archetypes. Both of these concepts are more concerned about the psychological traits of the character as well as the ego. I found these concepts interesting and will be applying them to my character designs, using these as a basis will allow me to create characters that will feel more fulfilled, a strong character. In order to inform my practical work, I needed to know whether I had to make a script or a premise would be enough. As my story line didn't involve any dialogue the use of a script seemed irrelevant compared to a premise. Having a premise would allow me to be descriptive and aid my storyboarding work. At the end of this workshop I was able to be confident with my decision of only having a premise.





No comments:

Post a Comment